It’s been many years since we refreshed our club’s logo. We are sponsoring a contest to create a new logo. You all see the logo on every newsletter, here it is:
There are a couple of things that strike you right off the bat.
- The name Saratoga County RACES Association. Yes, that is our club’s corporate name, but we have been DBA (doing business as) SCARA, short for Saratoga County Amateur Radio Association.
- The Microphone and Straight Key, as definitely not the only ways that hams communicate now.
The objective of the club as stated in our by-laws are as follows:
- To support the objectives of the Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES) in Saratoga County, New York.
- To provide communications services to Municipal, Civic, and other organizations in the public interest.
- To sponsor educational and other services and activities for the promotion of interest in Amateur Radio in the community.
What we would like would be a new logo, simple and clean. The logo should be easily scalable so its size can be easily adjusted electronically.
We request an original, editable file in addition to an SVG, PNG or JPG at 1024px resolution. Ideally, the original would be in an editable PDF or AI file with an editable, 100% vector format with transparent background in CMYK color. PNG sample would be in RGB color. Standards as recommended by 99 Designs.
All entries become the property of the club with full copyright ownership by the club. Entries should be submitted by October 31, 2016, to KG2H@ARRL.NET. Entries cannot infringe on other existing copyrights.
The Board of Directors will make the final decision on the winning design.
The winning design will be rewarded with either a 2-year membership extension to the club for existing members or a new 2-year membership for non-club members.